Monday 29 June 2015

Music video analysis 1-5

1.



The reason why I chose this video is 1, because I like the song and her style of music that she produces. At the start of the video they edited it so that it would fade between the shots which adds tension and draws the audience in.  I think that because the video is in black and white it, it adds to the video and it makes it more mysterious, as it is filmed on a beach. It is quite a natural video as she is dancing to the song with her own moves, as some of her other videos are heavily choreographed. There are quite a few close ups of her face to show an emphasis her emotion, as part of the song is about sex. Near the end of the video she is leaning on her husband which shows that they are close and share feelings. They also use they fading editing technique near the end of the video to show their intimacy.



2.


The way they made this music video is attracts to the audience because they add a couple of graphics of a lions through the video but the mainly the whole video is a JAY-Z and KANYE WEST rapping the song at their concert. This means that included many scenes of the audiences and then rapping to them. I also like how they have included a clip from a movie in 2007 called  'Blades of Glory' where Will Ferrell says
'No one knows what it means, but it's provocative...
 No, it's not, it's gross...
 ...It gets the people going!'
I think that this was a nice touch as the music stops and it cuts to his scene in that movie as it is part of the song. I like the way they have edited the music video as well, as they create mirrored the footage in the middle so that both sides are doing the same thing. I think that this affect looks good and draws audiences in to the video because it is a different perspective.




3.

I like this song because it is a classic song even though it is 7 years old. I also like how they have a story line to the music video because it shows that they a hustlers together. There is a scene where they are in the car together and it is a two shot as it shows that they trust each other. I like how they used a shot from above ( likely shot with a helicopter above them) as it gives a different perspective to the video which most people aren't usually familiar with therefore attracts attention, draws the audience in and also adds to the tension in the video as they are running away from cops.


4.

The reason why I chose this video is because I like the song, also I like the concept of the video. I like the way they have portrayed the main man as he is an ape who sort of stalks his customers as he is a drug dealer. It make him crazy as it is all he thinks about. Even though he is an ape he blends in like a normal human being but he is crazy as all he wants is that girl. I like the mise en scene because they dark backgrounds, him walking in the dark and also the night club reflects his life as being dark, lonely and mysterious. 


5. 

The reason why I have chosen this video from Imagine Dragons is because I like the way they have used different camera technique and angles to create this video. They used cameras mounted to their heads so that it would record their face and also five a first person view of what they are doing. They also create a time-lapse which I like because I like the look of Time-lapses. I also like how they have lens flare from the sun, as I think that this looks so cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment